Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again – rejoice! Phil 4:4
Sometimes life throws things our way which seem to knock us about for a short time. Paul experienced many of these circumstances, however he found the key to getting through; he relied on the One who was in control of his life. He made a conscious decision to stand firm and to draw on that wonderful joy which the Holy Spirit had placed in Him. That same joy is also in us.
“Rejoice!” The Greek word xaírō means to delight in God grace, to experience His grace, to be glad for His grace.
Today, rejoice in the fact that:
• You are loved and Jesus cares about you.
• You know Him and have friend in Jesus.
• You have eternal life because Jesus took your place on the cross.
• Jesus never leaves you and is a present help in time of trouble.
• Jesus is your strength and you have a refuge in Him.
As you rejoice and praise God and put Him in His rightful place, the things of earth will grow strangely dim.