Encompass Church History, Beliefs and Vision
Encompass Church started back in 1952 when a handful of bible students from Richmond Temple came out to conduct a tent mission in Reservoir. From those humble beginnings our church has emerged to become a large, strong, multinational, multigenerational, family church impacting its community, region and the wider world delivering the message of Christ.
We honor the faithfulness of men and women who selflessly sacrificed to see this work established in the Northern Regions of Melbourne and beyond over the six decades of the churches history.
- That the Bible is God’s Word. It is accurate, authoritative and applicable to our every day lives.
- In the one eternal God who is the Creator of all things. He exists in three Persons: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. He is totally loving and completely holy.
- That sin has separated each of us from God and His purpose for our lives.
- That the Lord Jesus Christ as both God and man is the only One who can reconcile us to God. He lived a sinless and exemplary life, died on the cross in our place, and rose again to prove His victory and empower us for life.
- That in order to receive forgiveness and the ‘new birth’ we must repent of our sins, believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, and submit to His will for our lives.
- That in order to live the holy and fruitful lives that God intends for us, we need to be baptised in water and be filled with the power of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit enables us to use spiritual gifts, including speaking in tongues.
- That God has individually equipped us so that we can successfully achieve His purpose for our lives which is to worship God, fulfil our role in the Church and serve the community in which we live.
- That God wants to heal and transform us so that we can live healthy and prosperous lives in order to help others more effectively.
- That our eternal destination of either Heaven or hell is determined by our response to the Lord Jesus Christ.
- That the Lord Jesus Christ is coming back again as He promised.
- A relevant, joy-filled, and worshiping church overflowing with the presence of the Holy Spirit.
- A multi-generational and multi-national church in the Northern Suburbs and beyond passionately committed to Christ and His cause – meeting in large celebrations on weekends and midweek, in many small groups for care, discipleship, ministry and outreach.
- A church of friendly, loving people who ensure that each person feels accepted, valued and has a sense of belonging.
- A church where the Great Commission is the first priority. Where people share their faith, the gospel is preached, churches are planted and nations impacted.
- A church of great compassion where the needy and hurting are drawn to find hope, where acceptance is given and answers are found.
- A church where God’s Word is taught in such a way that people align their values, attitudes and lifestyle to its message
- A church with enormous resources to partner with local and global ministries and assist in breaking poverty cycles in communities.
- A church with strong emerging leadership and expectant faith. We believe that whatever God says must be done and will be accomplished.
- A church so saturated by prayer and empowered by the Spirit that nothing can stop it or stand against it.
This is the church we are… Encompass Church.