Land purchased in Reservoir
By 1953 an invitation was extended to Jim Sharman to become the first pastor of this expanding work. The church continued to grow so arrangements were made to purchase two blocks of land in Broadway, Reservoir. The bank manager looked quizzically at this unheard-of religious group and refused their request for a loan. But faith-filled believers are not discouraged that easily! The land was paid off by the faithful few and a church was built by volunteers at that location in 1957. Over the next few years A. T. Davidson and Colin White, Ron George, George Forbes and Tony Hallo led the church.