Hello Encompass Church Mernda!
Praying this letter finds you and your families safe and well.
Can you believe we’re coming to the end of 2020? We have so missed seeing you all ‘in person’ this year, but we’ve been so blessed seeing you via our church online, and via our various ‘Zoom’ meetings’, but now that restrictions are easing more and more we want to see you all face to face!
We wanted to provide you an update on our initiatives and plans over the coming weeks and months.
BACK TO ‘FACE TO FACE’ CHURCH – ENCOMPASS WIDE
The good news is that we’re able to have face to face services again from next week!
Our Bundoora campus will be hosting multiple “Encompass wide” services on Sunday the 6th and 13th of December which we’re all invited to! These will be church services that you must register for, and more demand will mean more services will be added on those days, and the weeks thereafter.
More details on how to register will be shared via our church website and social media pages in the coming days. Please keep an eye out. We look forward to seeing you at one of our Bundoora campus services this side of Christmas.
ENCOMPASS MERNDA FAMILY CHRISTMAS PICNIC
From 1pm to 4pm, on Saturday the 12th of December we are holding a Family Christmas Picnic to which only you, and your immediate family are invited to.
It will be held on a farm (a private property) that we’ve booked at 105 Brocks Road, Doreen. The following will be provided on the day;
- Free Pony rides
- Jumping castle
- ‘Balloonaversal’ entertainment
- Tea and coffee station
Due to COVID restrictions and the event being held on ‘private property’, we ask you to bring and be aware of the following:
- BYO – picnic food, drinks and snacks for your own family. No sharing of food please!
- BYO – fold up chairs, picnic rugs, and sun shelters (*note – these must be securely tied down, etc, and be aware that there are some trees and sheltered areas but they are limited)
- BYO sunscreen, insect spray, etc
- Adults, please remember the 1.5m distancing rule and a mask when social distancing is not possible outdoors due to queues, etc.
- We ask that you take your rubbish away with you on the day
- Brocks Rd is a private road, so please drive slowly
- There will be limited parking available on site therefore if you can ‘car pool’ it would be appreciated. Please adhere to the direction of the car park attendants on the day
- The venue is a farm, which means hazards exist. Please ensure your children are in your care at all times
Please RSVP to Ps Mark at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday December 10th or if you have any questions. This can ensure we can be best prepared for your arrival on the day.
BACK TO ‘FACE TO FACE’ CHURCH – ENCOMPASS MERNDA
Due to the current COVID restrictions at a state, council and community venues level, we are planning to start our ‘face to face’ services at Mernda again from mid to late January.
We will communicate more in due course.
The bible reminds us in Hebrews 10:25, saying,
“And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near.”
Jesus Christ’s return is one day closer today than it was yesterday! Therefore, we MUST encourage one another to ‘meet’ together as believers. Our faith is encouraged and built ‘in the secret place’ while alone, but very much in community too.
‘Shake off’ the isolation blues, and the easy ‘Church at home’ routine. It is now time to reconnect and reengage our body, souls and spirits with God and each other!
God bless you,
Ps Mark and Ps Gianna
Encompass Church Mernda – Campus Pastors